Poem of the Week for Kindergarten and Grade One



I love shared reading.

One of the biggest problems that I have found over the years is finding poems that are differentiated enough that I can find copies that are easy for my high readers and have enough visual supports provided for my lowest readers or my students who are just learning English.

This is why I wrote this poetry set. Each poem has 4-5 versions of the poem included. Some have very little picture cues while others have many visual cues for those who need it.

They are great for kindergarten and first grade students.

Benefits of Shared Reading
Integrating themes and interests, with simple sight words helps students develop their confidence in their ability to read!

These poetry sets have fun activities included to help engage students by integrating math and literacy centres which are already included for each of the poems in the sets.


No comments

Back to Top